Def Jam RapstarAvailable for Xbox 360
You need the Adobe FlashPlayer to view this video
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced it has agreed an exclusive distribution agreement with Autumn Games, 4mm Games, and Def Jam Interactive for the upcoming music videogame Def Jam Rapstar.
Developed by 4mm Games, Terminal Reality and Def Jam Interactive, Def Jam Rapstar is the first true interactive Hip Hop music game experience for consoles, and will be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii in Autumn, 2010.
Designed as the ultimate MC experience, Def Jam Rapstar is the only music game that focuses exclusively on Hip Hop. With a track list boasting over 40 of the greatest Hip Hop songs around, including region specific music for the UK and Europe, Def Jam Rapstar makes you the star. Using a mic controller, players rhyme, make videos using a compatible camera, and upload their efforts to the fully integrated Def Jam Rapstar community at www.defjamrapstar.com. Def Jam Rapstar also offers you the chance to freestyle over tracks by some of the world's hottest Hip Hop producers and have members of the community vote on your uploaded videos.
Initial confirmed Def Jam Rapstar gameplay tracks include:
ARTIST - SONG
2 Pac - I Get Around
50 Cent - I Get Money
Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Dogg - Nuthin? But a ?G? Thang
Kanye West featuring Jamie Foxx - Gold Digger
Lil? Wayne - A Milli
Notorius B.I.G. - Juicy
Slick Rick - Children?s Story
T.I. featuring Rihanna - Live Your Life
Wu Tang Clan - C.R.E.A.M.
Young Jeezy featuring Kanye West - Put On
"For 30 years, Hip Hop music has re-defined the sound, boundaries and culture of popular music," said Kunio Neo, President, Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. "We look to explore that ambition by pushing the boundaries of music games with Def Jam Rapstar. The combined power of 4mm Games and Def Jam Interactive will bring a music game experience like no other seen to date, and we are excited to be a part of such a unique game."
"Hip Hop is a global phenomenon that has permeated pop culture to become the most important youth movement of our generation. We are proud to deliver the first authentic Hip Hop music experience to gamers that will undoubtedly change the way music games are played," added Kevin Liles, President and CEO of Def Jam Enterprises. "It is an incredible opportunity to work with the Konami, 4mm Games and Terminal Reality teams in developing Def Jam Rapstar. Our partnership with Konami ensures that everyone around the world will have an opportunity to compete with the best of the best. So show us what you got!"
"4mm was founded with the intent of bringing the experience of Constantly Connected Gaming to the next generation of gamers," said Nick Perrett, CEO of 4mm Games. "We look forward to providing Hip Hop fans worldwide a powerful example of that vision this year with Def Jam Rapstar." Def Jam Rapstar is being co-published by Autumn Games, and represents the publishers' first major release as part of its ongoing efforts to provide a new way for top-flight developers to independently make and release games that challenge traditional boundaries.
- Def Jam Rapstar is the first music game fully dedicated to Hip Hop
- With over 40 songs spanning the history of Hip Hop, Def Jam Rapstar offers a diverse track list with some of the biggest songs in Hip Hop from all music labels
- Unlike most other microphone-based games, Def Jam Rapstar features custom, proprietary voice recognition technology that judges lyrical accuracy. In addition to lyrical accuracy, Def Jam Rapstar also measures players pitch and timing to provide your complete score in real time
- Utilizing the Xbox Live Vision camera or PlayStation Eye, Def Jam Rapstar allows you to create a video of the performance starring yourself, edit, and then upload to www.defjamrapstar.com, a fully integrated online community where players can share their videos with the world to gain global recognition and become a bona fide rapstar!
- Freestyle mode allows MC's in the making to kick your own lyrics over well-known producer's beats, offering a chance to show and prove that you have what it takes
- Battle Mode allows you to compete locally head-to-head for the highest score, and Duet mode, where both players sing and rap together to achieve the highest combined score on any given song
- Compatible with all 3rd party microphones on the market